Combining time-honored craftsmanship techniques with a subtle futuristic spirit, Niuku’s designs are always cool and unexpected. These pants have been tailored from pure cotton and printed by hand with wooden brushes—a traditional artisanal method practiced by the Fulani and Soninke people. They have a relaxed flared shape with subtle slits at the cuffs, multiple pockets, and a belted waist for a flattering finish. Style yours with the Djibelor Jacket from the collection.
- High waist, flared legs with subtle slits at cuffs, front and back pockets, tie belt, button and concealed zip fastening
- Crafted by local artisans using upcycled fabrics and traditional indigenous printing methods
- Made in Nouakchott, Mauritania, ships from Mauritania
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Midweight fabric, non-stretchy
- Fits true to size
- Fitted silhouette, cinched at the waist
Shipping & Returns
Mauritanian designer Kadiata Diallo’s work is an expression of paradoxical ideas. A Niuku collection spans gender expression with ease, presenting feminine dresses alongside masculine suit-inspired separates with a coherent confidence. Converging the utility of streetwear with the statement appeal of a strong print, the label is primed to slot into a contemporary wardrobe and can be styled to accommodate various dress codes. Diallo taps into the traditional techniques, most recently for fabric dying, of her local communities of artisans, preserving them for the modern generation.