For her Sacred Woods collection, designer Kadiata Diallo pays homage to her grandmother, who sold artisanal printed fabrics in Casamance, Senegal, during the 40s. This suit has been carefully tailored from pure cotton and printed by hand with wooden brushes—a time-honored technique practiced by the Fulani and Soninke people. Finished with playful frill trims at the cuffs and hem, wear yours to dinner with pumps and a clutch.
- Two-piece set
- Blazer with peak lapels, single button fastening, waist darts, and tie belt
- Pants with a high rise, an elasticated waistband, and relaxed wide legs
- Crafted by local artisans using upcycled fabrics and traditional indigenous printing methods
- Made in Nouakchott, Mauritania, ships from Mauritania
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Midweight fabric, non-stretchy
- Fits true to size
- Top: fitted silhouette, cinched at the waist
- Pants: relaxed high-waisted silhouette
Shipping & Returns
Shipping timelines are subject to the unique nature and craftsmanship of the piece, often in harmony with designers' local artisans. We have partnered with DHL Express to ensure hassle-free global delivery covering 220 countries worldwide, within 3-5 business days of the ship date.
Industrie Africa accepts returns on regular-priced items that are initiated within 7 days of receipt. For more information, please check where your products are shipping from, and please visit Shipping & Delivery. Unfortunately, exchanges are not possible at this time.
Mauritanian designer Kadiata Diallo’s work is an expression of paradoxical ideas. A Niuku collection spans gender expression with ease, presenting feminine dresses alongside masculine suit-inspired separates with a coherent confidence. Converging the utility of streetwear with the statement appeal of a strong print, the label is primed to slot into a contemporary wardrobe and can be styled to accommodate various dress codes. Diallo taps into the traditional techniques, most recently for fabric dying, of her local communities of artisans, preserving them for the modern generation.