Shaped by heritage and storytelling, Niuku’s Sacred Woods collection revitalizes various traditional printing methods. This unisex jacket is tailored from pure cotton denim, printed by hand with wooden brushes—a time-honored technique practised by the Fulani and Soninke people. The painterly motif brings depth and dimension to the classic silhouette: layer it over a midi dress or wear it with jeans.
- Camp collar, button fastening, long sleeves
- Crafted by local artisans using upcycled fabrics and traditional indigenous printing methods
- Made in Nouakchott, Mauritania, ships from Mauritania
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Midweight fabric, non-stretchy
- Fits true to size
- Take one size larger than usual to achieve a slightly loose fit
Shipping & Returns
Mauritanian designer Kadiata Diallo’s work is an expression of paradoxical ideas. A Niuku collection spans gender expression with ease, presenting feminine dresses alongside masculine suit-inspired separates with a coherent confidence. Converging the utility of streetwear with the statement appeal of a strong print, the label is primed to slot into a contemporary wardrobe and can be styled to accommodate various dress codes. Diallo taps into the traditional techniques, most recently for fabric dying, of her local communities of artisans, preserving them for the modern generation.