Hamaji’s Trench Coat draws inspiration from the East African coastal town of Kilifi, famous for its captivating landscapes and glittering seas. Cut from hand-dyed cotton, the loose silhouette is decorated with a colorful motif depicting the Southern Carmine Bee Eater birds—crafted by local artisans using traditional woodblock printing and embroidery techniques. Detailed with all the hallmarks you’d expect from traditional styles, layer yours over neutral separates.
- Wide collar, double-breasted front, bishop sleeves with wrist ties, epaulets, detachable back yoke, side pockets
- Crafted with natural fibers and dyes, using processes that benefit local communities by providing access to jobs with fair wages and preserving traditional artisanal techniques
- Made in Kenya, ships from Kenya
- This piece is available on pre-order and will ship from June 2, 2022
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Midweight fabric, non-stretchy
- Relaxed silhouette, cinches with an adjustable waist belt
- Fits true to size
- Model is 180cm tall and wearing a size UK 10
Shipping & Returns
We deliver each item directly from the designer to your door in partnership with DHL Express, covering 220 countries worldwide within 3-5 business days. We offer flat shipping rates, which may differ slightly based on your order locations.
Industrie Africa accepts returns on regular priced items that are initiated within 7 days of receipt. For more information, please check where your products are shipping from, and please visit Shipping & Delivery. Unfortunately, exchanges are not possible at this time.
Due to Covid-19 shipping regulations, please be aware that you may experience delays in delivery times.
Based in Kilifi, a small town on Kenya’s east coast, designer Louise Sommerlatte channels an admiration for her local landscape into a rotation of easy-wearing pieces at the intersection of timeless femininity and contemporary craft. Fabrics from Indian saris and velvet curtains are diverted from landfills at local markets before beginning a slow, considered journey through the hands of Sommerlatte’s network of skilled artisans. Custom block prints, beadwork, natural dyes, and hand embellishment are used to infuse Hamaji designs with the trend-transcending vitality of the artist’s touch.