Hamaji’s designs are rooted in local, natural materials—including these shorts, crafted from hand-dyed slubbed cotton. Made in Kenya by skilled local artisans, they have a flattering high waist, playful pockets with box pleat detailing, and flouncy hems for a feminine touch. Style yours with the brand’s top and sandals.
- Concealed side zip fastening, pockets with box pleat detailing, mid-thigh length
- Crafted with natural fibers and dyes, using processes that benefit local communities by providing access to jobs with fair wages and preserving traditional artisanal techniques
- Made in Kenya, ships from Kenya
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Lightweight, non-stretchy fabric
- Loose high-waisted silhouette
- Fits true to size
- Model is 180cm tall and wearing a size UK 8
Shipping & Returns
Shipping timelines are subject to the unique nature and craftsmanship of the piece, often in harmony with designers' local artisans. We have partnered with DHL Express to ensure hassle-free global delivery covering 220 countries worldwide, within 3-5 business days of the ship date.
Industrie Africa accepts returns on regular-priced items that are initiated within 7 days of receipt. For more information, please check where your products are shipping from, and please visit Shipping & Delivery. Unfortunately, exchanges are not possible at this time.
Based in Kilifi, a small town on Kenya’s east coast, designer Louise Sommerlatte channels an admiration for her local landscape into a rotation of easy-wearing pieces at the intersection of timeless femininity and contemporary craft. Fabrics from Indian saris and velvet curtains are diverted from landfills at local markets before beginning a slow, considered journey through the hands of Sommerlatte’s network of skilled artisans. Custom block prints, beadwork, natural dyes, and hand embellishment are used to infuse Hamaji designs with the trend-transcending vitality of the artist’s touch.