Hamaji’s take on the enduring silhouette: this trench coat has a flowy shape cut from pure cotton that’s been hand-dyed in a deep brick-red hue. A closet staple with timeless appeal, it’s detailed with all the hallmarks of the classic design, including a sizable collar, a double-breasted front, and epaulets. As with all pieces by the brand, it’s been crafted in Kenya using traditional artisanal techniques. Fasten the belt into a nonchalant knot.
- Wide collar, double-breasted front, bishop sleeves with wrist ties, epaulets, detached back yoke, side pockets
- Crafted with natural fibers and dyes, using processes that benefit local communities by providing access to jobs with fair wages and preserving traditional artisanal techniques
- Made in Kenya, ships from Kenya
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Midweight fabric, non-stretchy
- Relaxed silhouette, cinches with an adjustable waist belt
- Fits true to size
- Model is 180cm tall and wearing a size UK 10
Shipping & Returns
Shipping timelines are subject to the unique nature and craftsmanship of the piece, often in harmony with designers' local artisans. We have partnered with DHL Express to ensure hassle-free global delivery covering 220 countries worldwide, within 3-5 business days of the ship date.
Industrie Africa accepts returns on regular-priced items that are initiated within 7 days of receipt. For more information, please check where your products are shipping from, and please visit Shipping & Delivery. Unfortunately, exchanges are not possible at this time.
Due to Covid-19 shipping regulations, please be aware that you may experience delays in delivery times.
Based in Kilifi, a small town on Kenya’s east coast, designer Louise Sommerlatte channels an admiration for her local landscape into a rotation of easy-wearing pieces at the intersection of timeless femininity and contemporary craft. Fabrics from Indian saris and velvet curtains are diverted from landfills at local markets before beginning a slow, considered journey through the hands of Sommerlatte’s network of skilled artisans. Custom block prints, beadwork, natural dyes, and hand embellishment are used to infuse Hamaji designs with the trend-transcending vitality of the artist’s touch.