Cut from breathable cotton hand-woven by artisans local to the Bamako area, Awa Meité's colorful Mauri Vest has a relaxed fit with voluminous sleeves and a mandarin collar. It buttons up the front and is sewn with a seam at the middle to create movement through the garment. Take your styling cue from the brand and wear it with a wide leather belt to cinch the waist.
- Long sleeves, front button fastening, hand-dyed
- Each piece is made to order by artisans and can take up to 1 week to complete
- Sustainably and ethically crafted, employing local craft and preserving traditional techniques
- Made in Bamako, Mali, ships from Mali
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Midweight, non-stretchy fabric
- Oversize silhouette
- Fits true to size
- Model is 180cm tall and wearing a size M (FR)
Shipping & Returns
Hailing from Mali, Awa Meité is recognized as a multi-talented fashion and textile designer, filmmaker, stylist and painter. Based in Mali’s Bamako, Meité’s label spotlights local artisans who are responsible for some of the country’s most thoughtful garments and accessories. Her ready-to-wear pieces come in an array of striking silhouettes and hand-woven fabrics, and pay homage to her country’s rich history of craftsmanship and design.