Babayo’s creations simultaneously preserve and build upon Nigeria’s heritage and cultural narratives. Inspired by time-honored local attire, called babanringa, this dress is cut from pure cotton and intricately hand-embroidered using ancient techniques of the Fulani people. Notice the unique shoulder construction that references traditional agbada robes—a go-to outfit for many Nigerian men. Wear yours with barely-there sandals.
- Sleeveless, full length
- Crafted by female artisans to ensure benefits for the local economy and the Fulani community
- Each piece is made to order and may take up to 2 weeks to complete
- Made in Lagos, Nigeria, ships from Nigeria
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Heavyweight fabric, non-stretchy
- Fits true to size
- Relaxed fit
- Model is 175cm and wearing a size 8
Shipping & Returns
Designer Aisha Babayo Shehu is a master of dichotomy. Trained as an economist, she launched her label in Lagos as way of combining her aptitudes for creativity and business. Collections embroider authentic cultural narratives onto modern designs at the intersection of style and comfort. Various takes on shirt dressing, from crop tops to kaftans, offset easy silhouettes with intricate detailing like hand embroidery by locally-employed artisans.