Tanzanian-born Doreen Mashika starts with a silhouette that’s simple and versatile, then builds on it with her signature volumes and prints. A perfect example, this dress is cut from a crisp cotton-linen blend accented with lime-green and pink stripes for a playful touch of color. Notice the brand’s signature handwoven basketry panels framing the square neckline and a sash belt decorated with the traditional Kanga pattern. Wear yours to a garden party with open-toe pumps.
- Square neckline, puff sleeves, concealed front button fastening, side pockets, sash belt, ankle length
- Cotton, linen
- Produced in limited quantities from sustainably sourced materials, using artisanal and ethical manufacturing methods
- Each piece is made to order by artisans and may take up to 2 weeks to complete
- Made in Zanzibar, Tanzania, ships from Tanzania
SIZE, FIT & OPACITY
- Midweight fabric, non-stretchy
- Relaxed silhouette
- Fits true to size
- Model is 5'9" and wearing a size S
Shipping & Returns
Shipping timelines are subject to the unique nature and craftsmanship of the piece, often in harmony with designers' local artisans. We have partnered with DHL Express to ensure hassle-free global delivery covering 220 countries worldwide, within 3-5 business days of the ship date.
Industrie Africa accepts returns on regular-priced items that are initiated within 7 days of receipt. For more information, please check where your products are shipping from, and please visit Shipping & Delivery. Unfortunately, exchanges are not possible at this time.
Zanzibar-based Doreen Mashika creates breezy, island-appropriate silhouettes inspired by the colors and textiles of her Tanzanian heritage. East African Kanga prints feature prolifically in Mashika’s designs, and most of her elegant pieces are crafted from light fabrics; this is artful resort-wear fit for your jet-setting lifestyle.